Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/gecko/public_html/happinessbeacon.com/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/session.php on line 1038: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/session.php on line 1038: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4682: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
Happiness Beacon • How to Increase Energy Level / Stamina : The Physical Tools
It is currently June 29th, 2017, 12:39 pm

All times are UTC

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to Increase Energy Level / Stamina
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2011, 10:13 pm 
Site Admin

Through documentation and experimentation, I've identified four levers that humans can use to increase their energy level. These levers have a kind of synergy between them, meaning that if you "move" two levers, the result is more than the sum of switching each of them. In other words, 1 + 1 = 3. And if you use all four of them, then 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 20 (or just about...).

There are, of course, more "lesser" levers, I'm talking here about the "great levers".

The good news is that all those levers act on the physical realm. And the results are pretty quick to show.

1. Diet

This is, as far as I can tell, the lever with the greatest leverage. It yields the most results for the least effort. However, for all its power health-wise (you can practically become immune to ALL diseases by eating properly), diet alone won't take you very far energy-wise. It will take you far. But not very far. However, its "negative power" is huge too, meaning that if you eat crap, you'll feel like crap no matter how much you work on the other levers.

Processed sugar causes a short term energy spike, then depression and low energy. The energy it gives is not grounding, it's difficult to channel it to a purpose. It's addictive too.

Meat and dairy cause sleepiness. Being vegan for almost 3 years, I find it very amusing when uninspired colleagues set meetings after lunch. We had some training sessions for three whole days, and I saw people literally sleeping in their chairs, eyes closed, tilted head and all. I feel fresh as always.

Processed food gives some energy, but again it's difficult to focus, so it's almost useless. Plus, it causes bad temper, irritability. Useful if you're on an island and want to stay alive and not starve until they rescue you, useless if you want to focus on doing any real progress.

Living (raw) food is the best. You are what you eat, after all. Eat life, and be ALIVE (it's a great feeling).

I must repeat: while it has great power, food alone cannot help you progress too much.

Tip: green leaves are the best cleaners. The best food actually. The darker the green, the better.

Tip2: it's easy, when changing diet, to eat too little, and not meet your calorie quota. Unless you're a breatharian, you need to eat to get energy.

2. Sun

Plenty of Sun. As many hours a day as you can get. Did you notice your energy level after spending a day at the beach?

Hunger is different when you get your Sun. The energy and mindset are different. The Sun makes a huge difference. Sun + Diet = Unstoppableness.

3. Exercise

I think swimming is the best. I think stretching is the best too :).

When you stretch and exercise, energy bottlenecks are cleared, and energy starts moving freely through your body. More energy flowing through your body, attracting more energy flowing through your life, attracting abundance of everything.

4. Sleep

Unless you get plenty of sleep, you cannot enjoy life properly, and you cannot get enough energy, no matter how much of the former three you do. Sleep is the fourth lever.

Conclusion

As you see, all levers presented are physical in nature, there's no gray area, they are easy to turn if you are determined to get the best out of this life.

Ideally, you get a good night's sleep. Then you eat some light breakfast. Then you go to the beach, do some stretching, then some swimming. And then lay in the Sun some more. Eat some more light meals throughout the day, stay on the beach and swim every now and then. If you have to, spend some time working, indoors or outdoors. Then go sleep properly, rinse and repeat. Easy, right? :D

There are more "lesser levers", like clean air, lack of radiation from electronic devices, etc, I only mentioned the great ones here.

Post subject: Re: How to Increase Energy Level / Stamina
PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 4:12 pm 

That's a very good advice Gec, and I think it's doable. My problem is that I don't live near the seaside and I'm working in an office almost all day, so no sun baths and not to much swimming.
I would like to live a life like you described, but I wonder from where I could get the resources to live it, if I'm not working as I do now. Probably it's a catch somewhere and I have to find it :)

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 8:02 am 
Site Admin

Hey Robert,

Yes it's doable, and yes as always there are some minor issues getting in our way :). I'm not yet there either, but working on it. Getting more energy is just a step along the way. My general "life framework" (I'll write a longer post about this in a few days) is:

1. Build health.
2. Build energy.
3. Channel energy wisely to obtain freedom. <-- I'm at this step now, it will take a while
4. Use the abundance of time, energy, resources obtained in the previous steps to do whatever you wish.

The first two steps took me about a year each (rough estimate). The third is the one I'm implementing (read: struggling with :) ) now. I'm already a few good months into the process, with little to no results to show, but getting clearer about the way I'm going to do it every day, and doing small steps in the direction.

The fourth is what I think is the next step, I wouldn't know because I'm not there yet. When I get there, I'll know in more details, and I'll see more granular steps.

The good news is that happiness doesn't wait for the fourth step to kick in though. It is instant, and it starts the moment you make the decision to act on it. The pursuit of happiness is happiness itself. Wow I like that phrase, I'll use it in my gtalk status :)

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 11:09 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, and sleep north-south, just like the needle of the compass.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2011, 5:33 am 

Thanks Gec :)

Your guidelines are useful and I've decided also that I have to do something to get rid of the limitations and of the routine that cover me each day. I enjoy reading your blog and I think that lately I've started to take life differently and to focus my energy on the things that matters.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2011, 8:22 am 
Site Admin

Hey Robert,

Good to hear about the perspective shift.

:) just so you know what to expect going forward. The important is to stay the course.

PS: so you're about to be born? :)
PS2: and thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]